How It Works
Selling is easy - just click Sell now
- Pick a category for your item
- Describe your wedding dress / item for sale
- Add details about the designer, colour, etc
- Set a price
- Add your contact details (only your user name is displayed publicly; your email address/phone is hidden)
- Add images (you can upload six photos for free)
- (Entirely optional) enhance your listing with a couple of paid-for extras
- Submit your listing and remember to check your messages
- That's it! There's no commission, no payments, it's free and easy!
- (If you're a business selling wedding items, take a look at our business packages.)
Buying is easy too!
- Browse the categories on your PC, phone or tablet
- Search to narrow down items to your local area
- Want to keep a list of items of interest? No problem, just click the heart icon to add to your favourites list
- Setup filters for the items you're looking for
- Get email alerts of new items
- Contact the Seller through our site
- No - Bride2Bride is a classifieds site allowing you to post listings for your items for sale, enabling buyers to contact you directly. We don't sell items on your behalf, just provide a dedicated and free facility for you to do so.
- Interested buyers can contact you via a "Message Sender" button on your listing. Their enquiry will be sent direct to your email inbox (the email address you sign up with), and you can reply directly from there. Alternatively, you can supply a contact telephone number, and buyers can contact you that way.
- You can edit your listing or change the photos at any time, by logging into "My Account". You can also delete your listing from there once it's sold.
- Your listing will be live on the site for 3 months. We will then send you an email notification to say that we have expired your advert and you have the option to relist it with a single click. You can keep doing this for as long as your item takes to sell.
- Unless you are meeting face to face (and receive a cash payment for your item), we recommend using a third party payment provider such as PayPal. In the event of a dispute, PayPal has its own Resolution Centre, but do make sure you meet the requirements of the seller protection scheme.
- Whilst we hope all the buyers on Bride2Bride will be genuine , please be mindful that the person you are conversing with may not be who you think. Be extremely cautious if the potential buyer does any of the following:
- Offers to pay more than your asking price.
- Offers to pay via money order, Moneygram, Western Union or another untraceable method.
- Sends you a link to PayPal, where you are then asked to re-enter your information. You should NEVER submit your information unless you've entered through PayPal's homepage.
- Asks you to send the item before the funds have cleared into your bank account. You should always wait for funds to have cleared before handing over your item. Please report any suspicious behaviour to [email protected]
- Ensure that your item is adequately packaged to prevent damage whilst in transit. Always obtain proof of posting and ensure the parcel is insured against loss up to the full value of the item. The Post Office provides a free Certificate of Posting for free, which gives compensation for lower value items. A specialist courier company may also be able to assist you.
- Should I get my wedding dress dry cleaned before I sell it?
- This is entirely up to you, but please state in your listing whether or not it has been cleaned, and whether there is any stains/damage on the dress. You will also need to reflect the cleaning costs in your asking price - it can cost £80-£100 for professional cleaning, so buyers will need to factor this into their budget when deciding to buy your dress.
- You will need to contact the seller directly to arrange to view/buy the items. Once you have made contact and would like to definitely go ahead with the purchase, you will need to discuss a payment method with them. We would either recommend either cash on collection if possible, or using a third party payment provider such as PayPal.
- Every listing will have a "Message Seller" button, where you can send an enquiry straight to their inbox. Alternatively the seller might have chosen to provide their telephone number, in which case you can call them directly.
- Searching is easy - you can either Browse by Category (Wedding Dresses, Wedding decorations etc) or search by keyword. Bride2Bride allows you to then narrow down your search by location, colour, wedding theme and much more.
- From the Search page, you can either enter your postcode into the box on the left hand side, or a little lower down you can browse by county.
- Postage may be included in the item's price, but make sure this is discussed before you purchase the item, as this might be an additional cost you have to pay.
- We have Brides as well as Businesses selling their items via Bride2Bride, however you will clearly be able to identify which is which. All of our Business listings will have a button on them saying "Business Listing", and once viewing an individual listing, it will clearly state their business name, and have links to their "Bride2Bride shop" where you can view all items for sale from that Business, as well as click through to their website.
- Whilst the majority of people advertising on Bride2Bride will be lovely, friendly people selling genuine items, unfortunately we cannot guarantee this. Here are a few tips to help you avoid getting caught out:
- Be wary of any adverts that contain very poor English, or are offering something that seems too good to be true - they nearly always are!
- Avoid sellers asking for transfers via Western Union or MoneyGram - these methods are favoured by fraudsters and should be avoided.
- Consider paying by the seller by PayPal as they offer compensation if you do not receive the item, or you find it is significantly not as described. See their website for details of their Buyer Protection Scheme.
- If a Seller is reluctant to provide any additional photos of the item, or does not allow you to view the item in person ahead of buying it, proceed with caution. There may be a genuine reason for this, but be alert to any suspicious behaviour.
- Be wary of sellers who ask for lots of personal information from you, and are unable to provide you with adequate details of the item they are selling.
- If you can view the item in person, we would always recommend this.
- Please email [email protected] straight away if you suspect any listing is not genuine.
Can you sell my wedding dress etc for me?
How do buyers contact me?
Can I change the details on my listing once I've added it?
How long will my listing be on the site for?
What's the best way to receive payment for my item?
How do I know if the buyer is genuine?
How do I post an item out once it's been sold?
How do I buy items through Bride2Bride?
How do I contact a seller?
How do I search for wedding items?
How do I find wedding items near where I live?
Who pays for postage?
How do I know if I am buying from a Bride or a Business?
How do I know if the seller is genuine?
How do I report a suspicious listing?